Now days YouTube been one of the most used and easy site of watching, sharing and uploading the videos. It is a video-sharing website, created by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim who were former Paypal employees, who based it in San Bruno, California.It was founded in February 2005 and owned by Google since late 2006.Every day we may be using YouTube but do people know the facts about it. Here are some facts about the YouTube, a video-sharing website.
1. YouTube was launched on February 14th 2005; it’s been nine years now.
2. Each month there are more than 1 billion unique users visit this site.
3. Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube which is almost an hour for every person on Earth.
4. In YouTube every minute 100 hours of video are uploaded.
5. 80% of Traffic comes from outside the US.
6. As of September 2012, countries like China, Iran, Pakistan and Turkmenistan with standing bans on YouTube. These countries banned YouTube for limited period.
7. YouTube is localised in 61 countries and across 61 languages.
8. Mobile makes up almost 40% of YouTube’s global watch time.
9. Content ID scans over 400 years of video every day.
10. “Me at the zoo”, is the first video to be uploaded to YouTube, Which was uploaded by Jawed Karim, one of the co-founders of the site, under the username “jawed” on 8.27 pm on Saturday, April 23, 2005.
Info:Sajhilo Nepali Magazine